Freight rail transportation
Need to transport coal for city boilers or bricks for construction sites? Or bales of wool and cotton, oil products or grain need to be delivered from ports? If there is a railway nearby it is better to transport by train. Transporting goods by rail is still the safest, most reliable and inexpensive way.
TYPE OF GROWTH. Trains carry any cargo regardless of its weight, size or volume. In other words, from needles and pins to buses. The type of cargo depends on the type of wagon.
WAGONS. Wagons are divided into seven basic types. Let’s understand for which cargo, which wagon is suitable. Let’s look at the main characteristics.
- OPEN WAGONS. They carry household appliances, furniture, clothes and other manufactured goods that need to be protected against theft, weather and maintaining their quality and integrity. Wagons are made of metal, so they are very reliable. Covered wagons can be universal and specialized. Birds, animals and paper products are transported in the first one. The second transports grain and piece goods. The load-carrying capacity is up to 68 tons. Useful volume – 120 cubic meters..
- ISOTHERMAL WAGONS AND REFRIGERATORS. They are equipped with cooling units and fans. The necessary low temperature is maintained in the cabin. Products with a short shelf life are transported in the wagons: fish, meat, vegetables, fruit. The load-carrying capacity is up to 46 tons. The useful volume is up to 108 cubic meters. Temperature range up to -18 C.
- OPEN WAGONS. They are used for transportation of building materials, as well as bulk cargo: ore, coal, peat, crushed stone. Carrying capacity – up to 70 tons. Average volume up to 73 cubic meters..
- HOPPER. The wagon is so named because of the type of unloading. A hopper is a hatch at the bottom of the wagon. Such wagons can be open or closed, divided into mineral wagons and grain wagons. Covered hoppers transport grain and mineral fertilisers, open hoppers transport fine coal, crushed stone and other bulk loads. Loading capacity up to 70 tons. Volume up to 108 cubic meters..
- CYSTERNS. Such wagons are designed for liquid chemicals (oil products, oils, acids), liquid products (milk, molasses) and liquefied gas. There are general purpose and special (thermoses) cisterns. Barrel capacity from 60 to 125 tons.
- TRANSPORTER. This is a specialized freight car. It is used to transport heavy and bulky loads, e.g. military and industrial equipment such as mine excavators and dump trucks. Load capacity up to 480 tonnes.
- PLATFORM. Containers, special equipment, metal structures, oversized cargo are sent on the railway flat wagons. Carrying capacity up to 72 tons. Length up to 22 meters.
ADVANTAGES. It should be remembered that rail transport has a number of advantages over any other mode of transport. Firstly, the movement of the train does not depend on the weather. Secondly, trains move quickly, regularly, with almost no delays en route, which allows you to deliver the goods on time. Thirdly, the train can transport cargo of any complexity. Fourth, of all types of freight this is the cheapest. The main thing is to choose the right type of car and set the optimal route. Our team of professionals is ready to help you with this.
TOOLS. Regional and international railway traffic is very developed nowadays. It is import, export and transit between Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Moldova, Russia, China and other countries. It transports cargoes to Far East and Mongolia. There is a good railway connection with Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, etc.)
DOCUMENTS. Without documents, your shipment, whether it is candy or cars, will not make the trip. What will you need? A railway bill of lading, a wagon list, a bill of lading, a stub of the bill of lading and a delivery receipt. This is the list of documents required for rail transport. Our experienced and well-coordinated team will take care of all paperwork, ensuring timely dispatch and delivery of your shipment. Order your shipment here.